Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1st (舞萌, PLUS) - GreeN (PLUS) - ORANGE (PLUS)|
PiNK (PLUS) - MURASAKi (PLUS) - MiLK (PLUS)
|1st (PLUS) - Splash (PLUS) - UNiVERSE (PLUS)|
FESTiVAL (PLUS) - BUDDiES
- Location test dates:
- July 12th, 2012 (China CCG exhibition)
- August 16th ~ 19th, 2012 (At Shanghai Tom's World 龙之梦店)
- Release date: September (?) 2012
General Information / Changes
- The Chinese version does not support Aime cards; the cab has no Aime reader. Instead, to login, players must use "passport IDs" given by the game when "registering", and enter the ID and password when logging in, using a UI similar to the one used when entering the player name.
- Almost everything in version 1.00 has been translated into Chinese. This includes the names of note types and judgments, which are usually kept in English (which 舞萌DX did 7 years later). The only untranslated thing is the 💮 icon.
- Song titles in English or Katakana English are in English instead of Chinese.
- However, songs added in versions 1.01 and 1.02 have their titles and artists in English, same as the Asian version.
- The Chinese version has 5 exclusive Chinese pop songs, in a new "Chinese pop songs" (中国流行乐) genre. All 5 singers were under the management of Avex at the time. The songs were not available on any other versions of maimai.
- An icon is added for the new C-pop genre, awarded for clearing all songs on any difficulty in the genre, the same with other genre icons.
- The camera recording feature still exists, but the recorded footage is only stored locally, and played randomly when in attract mode. There is no way for the player to obtain the footage.
- The game program stayed at the first game while updates added songs from PLUS and GreeN. This creates some inconvenience:
- This potentially makes it harder to deal with these newer charts, as the speed is still limited to 1~5, and the star rotation option is absent.
- Level 11 charts in GreeN are still labeled as Level 10, probably due to program limitations.
- While ver 1.01 brought difficulty changes mirroring that in maimai PLUS, ver 1.02 did not bring any difficulty changes for existing songs.
- JOYPOLIS songs are added to the ORIGINAL genre.
- 39 and 千本桜 are absent. An official Weibo post suggested political sensitivities as the reason for the latter's absence, but the absence of 39 wasn't explained.
- 舞萌 cabinets are slightly wider than other maimai cabinets. However, at the initial location test, they were of similar size.
- October 16th, 2012: Official site opened.
- December 10th, 2012: Ranking site opened.
- June 2013: Ver 1.01 update, adding songs from up to April 23rd, 2013 in the international versions.
- February 28th, 2014: 精文世嘉, the joint-venture company operating the game, stopped providing repair services, and the official site shut down, though the ranking site stayed up.
- May 2014: Ver 1.02 update, adding songs from maimai GreeN day 1, except maimile unlocks.
- November 1st, 2014: Online services shut down. Cabs updated to ver 1.02 have all songs, including the time-limited 圣诞歌曲改编, and MASTER charts, unlocked by default. Ranking site shut down.
To be added.
Complete Songlist by Genre
See /Complete Songlist.